WHAT TO EXPECT
- Do not tan or use self tanner. The IPL targets dark spots or hyperpigmentation.
- For some patients the winter may be the best time for this procedure when you are not tanning by the pool.
- Come to your appointment with a fresh face.
- Your provider will apply ultrasound gel to the cleaned treatment area.
- Lumecca produces a flash of light and feels like a light snap from an elastic band.
- If treating hyperpigmentation, those areas will become darker “peppering” with treatment and over the next 7-10 days peel.
- Hyperpigmented spots will “pepper” and peel.
- Do not pick or pull off skin that is peeling, this could cause scarring.
- Do not be in intense, direct sunlight after treatment.
- If treating vascular lesions, you may see the vein blanch or bruise which goes away after a few days.
Q: How many sessions are recommended?
A: You can see improvement in skin appearance after the first treatment. Three sessions are recommended for even better results.
Q: How quickly will I see results?
A: Results for sun damaged skin and skin complexion can be seen a few days after the first session. Your skin will continue to look more brilliant over time with most visible results after 1-2 weeks. Multiple sessions of photofacials ie Lumecca, will improve the final results. For vascular lesions such as facial telangiectasias, results can be seen in up to 2 weeks.
Q: Are there any side effects?
A: Most patients do not experience any side effects with any skin reactions usually resolving in a few hours.