the weekly: how one product once a week can transform your skin
Whether you are categorized as skincare obsessed or low-maintenance minimalist, we have a product that is an absolute WIN for everyone. Ready to address multiple skin concerns that you have with one product once a week? Let's get into it.
Enter the weekly peel pads. A swipe of a pad over your face once a week can address wrinkles, acne, acne scarring, improve skin texture, increase collagen and elastin production, decrease pore size AND help your other skincare products penetrate deeper.
This at-home peel pad contains TCA (trichloroacetic acid) and salicylic acid. A gentle wipe all over your face will exfoliate the skin over time revealing brighter, even, clearer, youthful skin. TCA is essentially the gold-standard ingredient of chemical peels, and we’ve formulated one that’s safe enough to use at home. This powerhouse ingredient works like most other chemical exfoliants, sloughing away dead skin and increasing cell turn-over, but it penetrates deeper and is much stronger. The added bonus is salicylic acid, which clears out dirt and debris and minimizes your pore size, revealing even and clearer skin.
The best part? There are 60 pads in one container of The Weekly, meaning it will last you a whole YEAR. You can level up your skin for $2 per week.
With any chemical exfoliation, there are tips and tricks to incorporate these into your skin routine safely, without damaging your skin barrier.
- Patch test first. Wipe the pad on a small area of your skin and let sit for 10-15 minutes to check for any reactions before treating the entire area.
- For the first use, apply pad and rinse after 15 minutes. The goal is to work your way up to leaving the TCA on overnight until rinsing the next morning. For those of us with sensitive skin, take your time and go a little longer each week.
- Do not use any other active ingredients or retinoids the same day you use the weekly. Cleanse with a gentle cleanser, apply the weekly, rinse, and follow with a moisturizer.
- Don’t panic, you may feel a slight tingle when you use the weekly, which is normal.
- We recommend using any potent chemical exfoliants at night.
- Be sure to use a SPF as the treated area will be more sensitive to the sun. (But really, use SPF everyday!) You also may experience some peeling a few days after use, that means new glowing skin is coming your way.