youth or dare? 5 signs your skin needs more hydration
No matter your skin type, keeping it moisturized is a MUST. Consistently using moisturizer helps your skin stay hydrated and prevents dryness, flakiness and irritation-- three things that can lead to more prominent signs of aging, breakouts, itchiness and redness. Much like all types of skincare products, not all moisturizers are created equal. It’s just as important you are using the correct one for your skin type, so we formulated a brand new moisturizer.
Say hello to hydration with youth or dare. This intensely moisturizing cream contains powerhouse ingredients that work together to combat dryness and nourish skin back to it’s optimum health. These ingredients also work to repair the skin’s barrier function, restore firmness and visibly reduce the signs of aging. Does this sound like heaven to your skin? Here are 5 signs you need a more intense moisturizer in your life.
- Your skin type is dry. We’ll start with the most obvious one here. If your skin is naturally on the dry side all year long, you definitely need to start using a medical grade moisturizer on your face to hydrate as much as possible.
- You’re noticing signs of aging. If you are starting to notice fine lines, wrinkles or loss of elasticity with your skin, it’s time to level up the moisturizer! Not moisturizing your skin properly can lead to dryness, and dryness only accentuates these signs of aging, making wrinkles and fine lines more prominent. youth or dare contains ceramides, peptides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and other antioxidants that all work cohesively to combat signs of aging.
- You have sensitive skin. Sensitive, reactive skin is super needy and can be tough to figure out. Sticking to ingredients like ceramides and antioxidants are critical in protecting the sensitive skin barrier from any damage that may further redness and irritation.
- You’re using a retinoid at night. Retinoid and youth or dare are BFFs in the sense that using these two products in tandem enhances the effects of both products. On another positive note, youth or dare and heavier moisturizers can ease the dry, flaky side effects that can occur during retinoid use.
Pro tip: apply your retinoid and wait for it to completely dry and absorb before applying your moisturizer. Using Tretinoin/Retin-A? Apply a thin layer of youth or dare, let it absorb, apply your retinoid, and then apply youth or dare again.
- Your skin barrier is damaged. If you are noticing more oil production than usual, but also flakiness and breakouts, there’s a good chance your skin barrier is damaged. This can be caused by over exfoliation or overuse of certain active ingredients. Look for a powerful moisturizer that contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid to get your skin back on track.
If you are more on the oily/combination side, you can still highly benefit from a heavier moisturizer as well. Incorporate youth or dare as a part of your nighttime routine, and then apply kd’s skin milk during the day for supple, lightweight hydration.Want to learn other ways youth or dare can target and treat your skin concerns? Book a complimentary skin consultation!